Why Choose Capital for Geothermal?
- We focus on the science of geothermal heating and cooling, NOT just what the industry deems “rule of thumb.”
- All systems are designed by our certified mechanical engineers who have over 20 years of experience in thermodynamics and fluid flow.
- Capital Heat has been sizing and designing heating & cooling systems since 1957.
- Our expertise in building science allows us to pin-point your heating and cooling loads and consult ways to reduce them overall.
- We are family owned and operated and treat our customers like they’re part of the family.
Maintenance on a Geothermal System
Since the system runs all year, maintenance is essential to the performance of the unit. Clean or change your filter every month or every few months. Dirty filters, coils and fans reduce airflow through the system, which decreases system performance and can damage your system’s compressor. Clean outdoor coils whenever they are dirty. Once in a while you should also clean the fan – just turn the power off and remove any plant life or clutter from around the unit. You can also clean the supply and return registers in your home. We recommend that you have your unit maintained once a year. During the check up, filters in your heat pump will be changed and your ductwork will be checked for any gaps or cracks. If needed, Capital Heat Inc. is able to your unit and get it running back to its optimum performance.
Request a FREE geothermal evaluation