Indoor air quality top priority for homeowners in 2021
As the world continues to respond to the many challenges set forth by COVID-19, many Americans are taking pains to ensure the safety, health, and happiness of their households. Of these efforts, optimizing indoor air quality has become a top priority, especially for homeowners who wish to establish their homes as safe havens that are free from the dangers of COVID-19.
Since social distancing, homeschooling, and remote work have become commonplace necessities in response to the global pandemic, the biggest question for homeowners is shifting from “How can I boost my curb appeal?” to “How can I create the best air quality for myself and my family?”
According to a U.S. indoor air quality market review by Research and Markets, “the impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. population has been much higher compared to other countries. Therefore, it is becoming necessary for families living in residential buildings to be safe from the virus. Organizations such as NIOSH have recommended installing IAQ [indoor air quality] products.”
Technavio, a global market research firm, recently conducted a study that supports the growing need for indoor air quality solutions worldwide. Among its key findings, the report states that the indoor air quality solutions market value is expected to grow by $9.54 billion from 2020 to 2024, a 6% increase from previous reporting. This means that more people are seeking to improve their indoor air quality than ever before.
Exactly how much of a focus are Americans now putting on their homes’ indoor air quality? According to a report cited by ACHR News, a heating and cooling industry publication,” more than one-quarter of homeowners plan to make safety improvements in their homes a top priority in 2021.” ACHR also points out the following responses from homeowners surveyed:
- 81% said that improving indoor air quality will be a primary focus in 2021
- 62% said they believe that in-home air quality needs improvement
- 73% said they have faced at least one barrier to improving their home’s air quality, such as a lack of resources and know-how
- 30% said they struggled to take steps to improve air quality of their home or weren’t sure where to begin
- 22% said they were blind to the fact they could improve it
- 19% said they didn’t have the necessary tools or skills to make a difference
- 9% percent didn’t know how to access their HVAC system.
No, the advent of air purification or filtration systems is nothing new. However, we haven’t seen so many people seriously consider implementing them in their homes until now.
At Capital Heat, we understand and appreciate the importance of maintaining a safe and efficient home. What’s more, we’ve invested in the best indoor air quality solution for you and your family: AtmosAir.
AtmosAir is the air purification system that is scientifically proven to eliminate harmful contaminants from the air we breathe and the surfaces we touch. Germs, viruses, and bacteria—including those that carry the coronavirus—are simply no match for the elite “air-scrubbing” technology that fuels AtmosAir.
With the AtmosAir air filtration system, you can:
- Neutralize dangerous air particles
- Disinfect contaminated surface areas
- Prevent the spread of the coronavirus inside your home
- Breathe the cleanest indoor air
- Live the most comfortable life at home
Do you want to create the safest, healthiest, and happiest setting inside your home? We do, too—and we can help. Stop by Capital Heat today, call us at 716.683.7336, or contact us online to talk about AtmosAir today.
Are you interested in learning more about AtmosAir for your home or business? Stop by Capital Heat today, call us at 716.683.7336, or contact us online today!