Duct Sealing with Aeroseal
A central heating and cooling system is only as effective as the duct system that supports it.
Most home duct systems have never been properly checked for duct leakage or airflow. Unlike a water leak, an air leak is invisible. Even being invisible, these leaky ducts contribute to various issues ranging from wasted energy, hard to heat or cool rooms, excessive humidity and dust, along with other concerns.
Aeroseal is a patented technology that effectively seals ducts from the inside out!
Aeroseal gives us the ability to effectively and efficiently seal new construction duct work, as well as existing duct work in your home or commercial space. It’s so effective that the Department of Energy declared Aeroseal as one of the most beneficial energy technologies for American consumers.
- The facts show American homes use almost 25% of the energy consumed in the United States, with the average household spending $2000 a year on home energy bills.
- On average, 30 cents of every $1 spent on heating and cooling disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts. This duct leakage in homes costs consumers $25 billion each year on escaping energy.
- These leaks also force HVAC systems to work harder and ultimately wear out sooner.
- Duct leaks also contribute to poor indoor air quality. According to the EPA, the levels of pollutants indoors are up to 5 times higher than outdoor levels – and most people spend roughly 90% of their lives indoors! This makes indoor air pollution one of the five most urgent environmental problems facing the US with 1 in 15 Americans having allergies or asthma.
- The average home produces twice the greenhouse gases as the average car. In fact, 15% of all greenhouse gases are generated from the energy used in houses nationwide. Another issue to consider is that excess humidity levels can lead to costly repairs for homeowners.
Aeroseal provides a solution to:
- Uneven temperatures resulting in hot and cold rooms
- Excessive humidity and dust
- Musty odors or fume smells
- High cost energy bills