Our Buffalo climate doesn’t always allow us to be outside year-round. Therefore, most of our time is spent indoors. Your home’s air quality is important for your health and the health of your family. There could be contaminants that are affecting the quality of air inside your home. Just because you can’t see the contaminants does not mean they are not there. Air quality is important for a number of reasons:
- Safety – reduction of airborne impurities such as mold, viruses, bacteria, and chemicals can prevent health issues or minimize the extremity of symptoms.
- Increased comfort – humidity control, even heat throughout the house, accurate temperature maintenance, and reduction of airborne allergens.
- Peace of mind – cleaner air allows you to relax, knowing your family is in a healthy environment.
- Return on investment – lower energy bills by adjusting thermostat and controls to run when you need them.
To help prevent these issues, you should replace your furnace filter, as recommended by our service technicians. Consider these options:
- An electrostatic Air Filter is very efficient.
- It removes up to 95.3% of airborne particles.
- An electrostatic filter uses electrostatically charged polypropylene and polyurethane filtration medias to attract particles as small as .3 micron. (1 micron = 1/25,000 in.). A safe static charge is produced by forcing air across the filter. This static charge attracts and traps airborne particles into the filter just like a magnet.
- The most common is the standard fiberglass media filter with a cardboard frame.
- Not as efficient as electrostatic filters, but they will filter dust and allergens; just not as effectively as electrostatic filters.